Students from across the world have now the chance to enjoy the academic benefits offered by the Department of Economic Development Tourism and Environmental Affair and the University of KwaZulu-Natal through the EDTEA/ UKZN Bursary. The initiative comes as a measure for building capacity for Local Economic Development (LED) LED has been practiced globally by the communities and state as an answer to the development issues. LED comes as an answer to an effective approach to reduce poverty and enhance economic growth.
In South Africa and KwaZulu-Natal there is a specific request for building the capabilities of people who are involved in development and transformation to bring improvements to the LED interventions. The EDTEA/ UKZN bursaries are available for Master’s Coursework – Local Economic Development specialization – and for Postgraduate Diploma – Local Economic Development specialization also. Master’s Research Dissertation, Ph.D., and Post Ph.D. students are also welcome to apply. The bursaries will be awarded in applied research in Local Economic Development.
The scholarships are fully funded and supported by the KwaZulu – Natal Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) having an academic home at the Graduate School of Business and Leadership, University of KwaZulu-Natal’s Westville campus. Scholarships will be taken in South Africa.
In order to be considered for the LED scholarships, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Entrants must apply through the Graduate School of Business & Leadership (GSB&L);
- Entrants who did not fully pay their fees to UKZN prior to applying for the bursary are not eligible;
- Entrants can submit their application only after being accepted by the GSB&L providing that their fees were settled in full;
- All nationalities are eligible to apply for the EDTEA/ UKZN bursaries
Students can apply at this email email@example.com providing the following documents:
- A motivational letter
- A detailed CV
- A certified copy of a valid Matric Certificate or Equivalent
- Certified copies of the latest academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Doc or for International students, a certified copy of a Valid Passport Doc and a Valid Study Permit
- The completed application form which can be found here http://rledi.ukzn.ac.za/
The closing date for the EDTEA/ UKZN bursaries is October 31st 2017. Students who wish to stay up to date are advised to consult the official website and address their matters at firstname.lastname@example.org.