Western Governors University (WGU) is a student – focused, nonprofit accredited online university where busy students and adults wish to earn either a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree but for whom the traditional way of learning is not helping. The main purpose of WGU is to massively contribute to the improvement of the post-secondary educational opportunities by delivering ways for individuals to learn independently regardless the time and place and earn competency-based degrees. WGU is offering a multitude of distance learning courses for online students. The full list of programs with which the university is equipped can be consulted here https://www.wgu.edu/degrees_and_programs.
As any reputable accredited online university that is supporting outstanding students, WGU is offering means through which students can achieve their academic and career goals without an intense financial effort. One scholarship is the Mark Bonin Memorial Scholarship, in memory of Mark Bonin who brought his commitment as an experienced healthcare expert to his work as WGU Community Relations Manager in Southern California. The Mark Bonin Memorial Scholarship is currently available to new WGU healthcare students in Southern California and is worth up to $2,500.
The eligible distance learning courses which candidate for the scholarship are healthcare undergrad degree programs and graduate degree programs. At this link, students can consult the entire list and choose one nursing undergraduate or graduate program https://www.wgu.edu/tuition_financial_aid/scholarships/mark_bonin#
The eligibility criteria for the Mark Bonin Memorial Scholarship are as it follows:
1. Entrants must be residents of one of the following South California counties: Kern, Imperial, LA, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, or Santa Barbara.
2. Entrants must also be WGU student enrolling in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. The distance learning courses can be found here: http://bit.ly/2xeYM9N
3. Entrants must complete the application for admission here http://bit.ly/1JlCHUj
4. Complete the scholarship application form http://bit.ly/1FGzeVl
5. Submit the official transcripts of all prior college work.
6. Complete the FAFSA https://fafsa.ed.gov/
7. Be officially admitted to WGU
The Mark Bonin Memorial Scholarship is an extremely competitive program and recipients will be selected based on their academic record, financial need, readiness for online study, and current competency.
The closing date for the scholarship is December 31st 2017 (CT)
In case students need to know more info about the university itself or the scholarship, they are advised to contact directly the university through its official website https://www.wgu.edu