Fulbright: Malaysian – American Commission on Educational Exchange – Graduate Study and Research Program for School Year 2018
The award is more on partial financial assistance. The award is designed to augment your other sources. Hence, there might be cost-sharing between Fulbright and the host institution, other organizations, or to you personally. It is highly recommended that you seek other viable source of financing for your education. The specific amount of award will depend on several factors such as the available funds and other criteria. Renewal is allowed however it also depends on the same factors. The Institute of International Education will assist you regarding your placement into a regionally accredited U.S. university. You must secure acceptance by 1st of June, 2018.
You will be preferred if you will engage in these general areas of study:
- American Studies
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Comparative Religion
- Economics and Technology Transfer
- Issues in Contemporary Society
- International Relations
Given that United States education is costly, this financial assistance is of great help especially if you want to have a professional step-up.
Don’t forget that you until 11th day of August to submit your application.
The grant will cover one academic year. Renewal is allowed but it is still subject to approval by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship. For graduate degree, it will cover at least 2 to 3 years upon completion depending on the circumstances.
Do you have what it takes? Eligibility
To be eligible, you must possess the following:
- Malaysian Citizenship,
- Less than 35 years of age (If your age is more than 35 years of age, you could be considered on case-to-case basis),
- Good health,
- Bachelor’s degree with Honors – cumulative GPA of 3 or its equivalent,
- TOEFL score of at least 100 (other fields and/or institutions may require higher score), and
- GMAT, GRE, GRE subject test scores required by the institution of your choice.
You must be available for interview in Kuala Lumpur and you must be prepared to return to Malaysia immediately upon completion of study.
You are not eligible if:
- You are enrolled in a graduate degree program at a US-based university and seeking nomination to complete said program,
- You are seeking nomination to complete a second master’s degree
- You are intending to pursue internship, residency or research at a U.S. based medical, nursing, dentistry, and veterinary school, and/or
- You are currently working in the USA.
Things to do
You must complete the application form available at the link provided below. In the same link, there is another link that will lead you to the page where instructions are written. You must mail 4 copies of your application to MACEE by August 30, 2016. The address is:
Fulbright Malaysian Graduate Study and Research Program
18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak
200 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
You application should have your picture. Required attachments include:
- Certified true copies of your academic transcripts,
- Certified true copies of your degree certificates,
- Copies of your TOEFL/GMAT/GRE scores, and
- Three letters of references. (It should be one from the academe and one from professional.
There might be an additional requirement regarding thesis abstract for graduate students.
Please visit the website at:
i like as well
How do i be a beneficiary of the offer?
I love to study with you for a brightal future.Thank you