The Mission of Schwarzman Scholars
It is undeniable that China is taking proactive role on shaping the future’s economy. It is among the biggest economy of today. The Schwarzman Scholars Program 2018-19 offers future leaders chance to study in China. This scholarship program is designed for potential leaders who will most likely play pivotal roles. This is a highly competitive scholarship program that only caters around 200 fortunate students.
As a Schwarzman scholar, you will earn an eleven-month professional master’s degree specializing in Global Affairs. The program will be delivered by Tsinghua University which is among the Beijing’s prestigious institutions. The program will give you chance to experience very engaging and holistic learning. You will be travelling around China as you learn. The program is designed for you to understand the current and prospective role of China while you connect China to the rest of the world.
Do you have what it takes? The Eligibility
You must have at least an undergraduate degree. The program is also open for graduate degree holders. The program is open for all citizenship. You must be at least 18 years of age but not more than 29 years of age as of August 1, 2018. You must present proof of solid English proficiency.
Selection for this program is not limited to academic merits only. The selection will also take into consideration your personal characteristic as a leader. Hence, you must demonstrate exemplary qualities that manifest you being the best leader as possible. For that matter, selection will also be highly interested to your extra-curricular interests and involvements and your entrepreneurial potentials. Since that the program is designed for the scholars to connect China to the rest of the world as the former is taking a more proactive role, you must possess the qualities for you to successfully carry out the mission of the program.
Things to do
You must submit an online application.
Please visit this link for your application:
In the same link, you could also find summary of requirements.
For your convenience, required records are summarized for you:
- Academic transcripts – you must combine in one PDF file all your transcripts from all universities and colleges you attended. It must be officially translated into English.
- Four electronic letters of recommendation – At least one of the letters should manifest your leadership aptitude. These letters should be in English or officially translated into English.
- Essays – These essays should showcase your personal statement, leadership potentials, and your professional made opinion on a selected current affairs issue.
- Curriculum Vitae – you must submit your latest CV.
Once short-listed, you will be invited for personal interview to be conducted in 27th of October in Singapore, 1st of November in London, United Kingdom, and 6th to 7th day of the same month in New York, USA.
Announcement will be made on the month of November.
It is important to take note of these dates. There are special rules for applicants coming from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao. If you are a holder of passport from a country not enumerated, these rules apply to you:
- You must apply between 17th day of April to 28th day of September.
- Selection will announce on October if you are short-listed
- You will be invited for an interview to the nearest country of your residence (interviews will take place as earlier stated in Singapore, London, and New York)
You will be provided with the following:
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance
- Personal allowance
- Room and board
- Lenavo Loptop
- Health Insurance, and
- one-time personal stipend of $3,500