2 Grants Available for 2 Master Students Who Will Pursue Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Sustainable Development in Rwanda and East Africa
The International Development Research Center in Canada and the University of Rwanda – formed in 2013 being a higher education institution – are calling for master’s scholarship applications. This appeal emerges from the fact that in Rwanda is an increasing interest in indigenous knowledge. Due to that, it has resulted in searching and institutionalizing certain practices that are indigenous to Rwanda.
The University of Rwanda has launched its invitation for the Master’s Dissertation Research Grant program which is available only for Ugandan and Rwandan applicants. This program is aimed to strengthen the capacity of Masters Students registered at the University of Rwanda to conduct a dissertation based research. Grants are available to pursue Masters Dissertation based Research program as mentioned before. They are awarded in the field of Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Sustainable Development in Rwanda and East Africa. The 2 lucky winners will receive financial support which will cover their tuition fees at the University of Rwanda and Dissertation research expenses.
Who can apply for this grant? In order to be considered eligible, entrants must meet the following requirement:
Entrants are registered at the University of Rwanda. They must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honor, not less than Second Class Upper Division. This means Level 5 in the Rwandan Qualifications Framework. It is also accepted an equivalent qualification in the broader field of study within which indigenous knowledge systems research will be located. Entrants must prove academic excellence as indicated by an excellent grade point average. It is mandatory that they can demonstrate their involvement in intellectually stimulating extra-curricular activities.
Language requirements: Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English, while knowledge of Swahili is required for those wishing to conduct research across East Africa.
How can entrants apply? All the required documents must be submitted by 14h00 through the University of Rwanda Central Secretariat until August 20th, 2017. The required documents are as follows:
1. A Full CV
2. A letter of application for the dissertation research grant which indicates the subject of Indigenous Knowledge.
3. A 500 word concept note with emphasis on Indigenous Knowledge Systems. The concept should emphasis the link between Indigenous Knowledge System and candidate’s specialization. The format of the concept can be found here http://www.ur.ac.rw/?q=content/call-applications-masters-dissertation-research-grant-ur-registered-students
4. Proof of the research methodology, the research plan and detailed budget.
5. Research Publications in case there are any. Entrants should provide a link or DOI to be included.
6. One recommendation letter from a senior academic familiar with applicant’s academic history and interest in research.
Pleas help me hussaini Muhammad wit scholarship admission in univestiy of us
i have frist degree in soil&Water resource know iam looking master in waterresource enginnering