Holland Scholarship, financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and other Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences, is making international students happy. The €5000 scholarship is meant to cover your living costs in the first year of the studies. Only if your nationality is non-European and you are applying for a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s program at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions, you will be considered for Holland Scholarship.
Here is a list with all the participating Dutch higher education institutions divided into participating research universities https://www.studyinholland.nl/scholarships/highlighted-scholarships/holland-scholarship/participating-research-universities and participating universities of applied sciences https://www.studyinholland.nl/scholarships/highlighted-scholarships/holland-scholarship/participating-universities-of-applied-sciences. You cannot apply directly for the scholarship but through the selected university. This means that the first thing you have to do is select a university of choice based on your preferences and then apply for the scholarship.
It is important that you check all the eligibility criteria established by the selected university. Besides the general selection criteria mentioned above, each university has its own rules of admission which cannot be dismissed. If, for example, you select University of Groningen as your study place, you need to consider the established requirements which are:
- You had excellent grades during your Bachelor’s program;
- You do not hold the nationality of one of the EEA countries;
- You have a letter from the University of Groningen with an admission offer for one the following programs https://www.rug.nl/education/international-students/financial-matters/list-holland-scholarship
- You meet the specific requirements of the University of Groningen;
- You are going to study in the Netherlands;
- You submit a motivation letter in which you state clearly your position as a future best candidate for the Holland Scholarship University of Groningen.
University of Groningen accepts your scholarship application only after you have received an admission offer from the university. AFTER you receive the admission offer, you can send an email at email@example.com with your application from – which can be found here https://www.rug.nl/education/international-students/financial-matters/holland-scholarship – the admission letter, letter of motivation, and your updated CV. The closing date for the first call is February 1st 2018. There is also a second call between February 2nd and May 1st 2018.
The admission procedure may vary from one university to another, say pay attention to all the instructions, check thoroughly the official websites of the universities and follow each step. Good luck to you!