Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships: Up to 140,500 Australian Dolars for a Master in Australia
Posted On April 5, 2017
Have you ever thought of studying in Australia? The Australian Government offers scholarships to international students each year.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are administered by the Australian Government Education and Training Department. The scholarships aim to support education and research for Australian student who wish to study abroad and for international students who are interested in studying or doing research in Australia.
Application process is closed for 2017, but will begin in late April 2017 for the 2018 academic year.
Scholarships are available for students from North and South America, Middle East (Afghanistan, Turkey, Syria, Bahrain, Jordan, Iran, Kuwait, Iraq, Lebanon, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates) and Europe. Applicants can find the complete list of countries eligible for these scholarships on the website.
There are six types of scholarships and fellowships available for international applicants:
- The Postgraduate Scholarships is created for candidates interested in doctorate or master programs in any field of study.
- The Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship is intended for students who wish to obtain a diploma, advanced degree or associate degree in vocational education.
- The Research Fellowship offers financial aid to postgraduate students interested in research programs.
- The Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowship is dedicated to postgraduate students from Asia.
- The Australia India Education Council (AIEC) Research Fellowship awards research grants to Indian postgraduate students.
- The Executive Fellowship is not a study financial aid, but one that support professional development in business, education, industry or government for international professionals who have exceptional results.
Selected candidates will receive funds to support their travel expenses, their accomodation, a monthly stipend, health insurance and travel insurance. For example, for a 2-year long master program, the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship can amount to 140,500 Australian Dolars, while the Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship, offered for a period betwen 1 and 2,5 years, can amount to $131,000.
Starting with 2007, 4481 Endeavour scholarships have been awarded to international students. After the completion of their programs, students become members of the Global Alumni Network.
You can find out more about the Endeavour scholarships here.