$5,000 NEWH Women Leaders Scholarship
Posted On July 10, 2017
Hospitality, as one of the fastest growing career fields, delivers many areas in the domain which can offer full career opportunities. Whether you choose to be a marketing specialist, admin, sales representative, or finance manager, the hospitality industry is comprehensive enough to support your dream. However, you may feel that you are financially constrained and you cannot pursue a degree in this field. Keep in mind that many students look for hospitality management scholarships which allow them to pay for their education. You can also apply for a hospitality scholarship and use the amount to pay for your tuition, or traveling to job or internship and so one.
A high number of different scholarship programs are now open to students willing to study hotel management and other types of management in hospitality industries. Among these hospitality scholarships, one dedicated to students, especially female students, is the NEWH Women Leaders Scholarship.
If you are not accustomed with what NEWH is and does, find out that the company is a premier networking resource for the hospitality industry. The company is also providing scholarships, education, leadership development, and business development opportunities. The company is all about Education, Scholarship, and Business Networking. Precisely, the company is:
1. Sponsoring scholarships and promoting education of eligible students who aspire to enter the Foodservice, Hospitality, Senior Living, and other related industries.
2. Encouraging exchange information and cooperation between people or interested parties in all aspects of the Foodservice, Hospitality, Senior Living, and other related industries.
3. Disseminating information to the industry through seminars, lecturers, trade meetings, news bulletins and many more.
4. Serving the members of NEWH, students, and industry also.
The NEWH Women Leaders Scholarship is mirroring NEWH’s initiative on supporting brilliant and driven female students who wish to pursue a career objective in the hospitality industry, specifically in the hospitality management. The scholarship is valued at $5000 and the winner will be honored April 6-7, in Los Angeles, California at BDwest during the Boutique Design Power Players: Women Leaders in Hospitality panel discussion and breakfast. NEWH will cover the expenses for traveling and lodging for one night.
Female students who will be considered eligible to apply must comply with the following admission requirements:
1. The applicants must be currently enrolled and attend an accredited college
2. The applicants must have completed half the requirements for an undergraduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate program
3. The applicants must show need and have eligible outstanding debt for tuition, books or supplies at time of scholarship award in April. The scholarship is not fully covering the expenses.
4. The applicants must have cumulative 3.0 GPA/B average or equivalent.
5. The applicants must be pursuing a career objective in hospitality management
Those who comply with the above mentioned admission requirements can apply here: http://newh.org/available-scholarships/