The University of Texas at San Antonio Is Offering Financial Aid for International Students

The University of Texas at San Antonio also known as UTSA is a research state university located in San Antonio, Texas, United States. It hosts more than 28.000 students being the largest university in San Antonio and the eighth-largest in the state of Texas. UTSA is pleased to announce the need based International Student Grant project launched for undergraduate and graduate international students. The International Grant is made on a first-come, first-serve basis until the funds are exhausted. The grants can be taken in the US. The maximum amount offered is correlated with the availability of funds.

Who is eligible to receive the scholarship? First of all, International students who demonstrate financial need and who maintain good academic standing and satisfactory academic progress. Hence, graduate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA while undergraduate students must maintain a 2.0 GPA. Second, eligible students must maintain a valid F-1 or J-1 Visa. If applicable, eligible students must have a valid Social Security Number. Third, entrants must be coded as International by the Admission Office.

How can students apply for the International Student Grant? Students who are interested in seizing such an opportunity, they must submit the following documents by October 15th, 2017. The International Student Grant Application can be found here http://www.utsa.edu/financialaid/forms/index.html. Entrants will also find insightful info of how to fill out the forms.

IMPORTANT NOTE! Entrants are advised to not sign the form electronically. Any forms which will be submitted without the proper signatures will not be processed and will not be resubmitted.

Students must also provide a statement fully explaining their need for financial assistance. The info regarding how they can complete it can be found here http://www.utsa.edu/financialaid/types-of-aid/specialprog/intlgrant.html#additional

Also, students must provide a copy of the Visa, of the I-94 Departure Record and a copy of the Form I-20. If applicable, a copy of valid Social Security card (both sides of card) is required. In case the students are employed, they must provide a copy of last year’s W-2 form or a copy of year to date pay stub. IN case the students are married or are having any dependents living in the US, they must provide a copy of spouse I-94 departure record. In case the spouse is employed, a copy of last year’s W-2 form or copy of year to date pay stub. It is also necessary a copy of the Birth Certificate for dependents in the US.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*By sending your name and email on this form you consent to this site's handling & storage of your data.

By using this website you are agree with our cookie policy

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.