Graduate Research Scholarships at the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is an outstanding leading comprehensive research-intensive university ranked one of the world’s top 50 universities. With a history of over 160 years, the University of Melbourne has been attracting a high number of students. The university is “the academic home” for both European and International students willing and driven to make a change within and in the world. Because the university considers that education should be embrace by every person no matter his religious, cultural, social, political affiliations, is offering the following Graduate Research Scholarships:
1. Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) which are established by the University of Melbourne. These types of scholarships are awarded to high achieving international and domestic students who undertake a Master or Doctoral research degree. Annually are offered over 300 scholarships.
2. Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (RTPS) which are established by the Australian Commonwealth Government and are also available to high achieving international and domestic students who undertake a Master or Doctoral research degree. Annually are offered over 300 scholarships.
What are the benefits of the Graduate Research Scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne?
The benefits of these scholarships will vary based on the applicant’s circumstances including one or more benefits of the following:
1. The recipients will receive a full fee offset for 2 years for those who will undertake a Master research degree or up to 4 years for those who will undertake a Doctoral research degree.
2. The recipients will receive a living allowance for up to 2 years for those who will undertake a Master research program or up to 3.5 years for those who will undertake a Doctoral research program. The living allowance includes parenting leave, paid sick, and maternity.
3. The international recipients who require an Australian student visa will receive Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership.
For a complete list of benefits, access the link below:
Who is eligible to receive a Graduate Research Scholarship?
First of all, the eligible students are those who have applied for and met the academic requirements for both the Master and Doctoral degree at the University of Melbourne. Are also eligible the students who are currently enrolled at the University in a research degree. Please access this link to read about the admission requirements: https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/entry-requirements/research
The application process
For those who are new students and have applied for a graduate research degree, they will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarship. Here is where they should apply https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/applications/research. The new applicants will receive a notification mentioning that the scholarship application was added to their record within 7 days of having submitted their course application.
For those who have accepted but postponed the commencement so that they would be re-considered for the research scholarships, they will submit a scholarship application form here: https://enrolmentandacademicrecords.formstack.com/forms/graduate_research_scholarship_current_student . They will be announced that the scholarship application was added to their record 7 days of having submitted the online form.
For those who are currently enrolled in a graduate research program and seek a scholarship, they must complete and submit an online application form here: https://enrolmentandacademicrecords.formstack.com/forms/graduate_research_scholarship_current_student. They will be announced that the scholarship application was added to their record 7 days of having submitted the online form.
The closing dates
Each faculty within the University of Melbourne has its own specific closing dates. Please access this link https://studenteforms.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=153:2:0:::2:P2_ID:641 and select the faculty you wish to enroll at and check when you can apply for a degree research program.